Thursday, April 21, 2011

A microcosm of Nature

It sounds like dueling wolves are moving a lot of heavy boxes around up there, which is dissapointing. After many phone calls, some climbing around on the roof, more phone calls, lots of random advice, more phone calls, and more climbing around on the roof, I was kind of hoping there would be no more raccoons in the roof. They sound like rabid bears. Fortunately they do sound far away, which may be the best I can hope for.

I did make a recording, which at first was very promising, it did seem that if you played it back to them they'd quiet down. After three or four times the trick stopped working. It feels a bit like the animal version of The Others. Do you think they think we're raccoons down here? I hope they're totally freaking out RIGHT NOW. And I'm sure my bit of turning off the lights and pointing a flightlight at the ceiling while whispering, "It's right above us!" like in that scene from Aliens is gettig less and less funny too. How do you know when a raccoon is laughing?

No comments:

Post a Comment