Thursday, April 7, 2011

Electrical Safety tips for Raccoons

Came home from the store today to put the groceries away, and the little light didn't come on in the fridge. No biggie, just means its time to change the bulb. It was slightly weirder that the light over the stove was out too, and then I realised the overhead light was also out. But the stove is fine, microwave too, and the dustbuster, all plugged into different outlets. It is just the outlet with the stove light and the fridge that's the problem. Checked the fuse box and the breakers are fine. Hmmm, could this possibly have anything to do with the squatters living in the ceiling? My roommate, Charlie, used an extention cord to plug the fridge into a different outlet, it is just temporary as this means the cord is right across the doorway and you kind of have to remember its there to make sure you don't trip on it. Which I didn't, so I've tripped on it twice this evening. I grabbed a desk lamp that I don't use much and plugged that in to cook dinner. Everything is a ok. Until we figured out the light in the bathroom is out too. We're turned off the affected breakers, and I hope this gets sorted, but I'm not holding my breath. Raccoons. Why can't they be happy mooching off us, they gotta break our stuff too? Bullies.

No comments:

Post a Comment