Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Raccoon House

A bit of a catch up is in order (yu-huh, I know that is kind of obvious) I moved out of the raccoon house a year ago, and Charlie styaed there for the past year, only leaving last month. I happened to be be there as the door was locked for the last time, and it was quasi-sad. Not really sad, because my home is somewhere else, and a little bit sad because it reminded me Charlie and I don't live together anymore and saying "my ex-roommate" when you hang out with someone pretty much every week isn't exactly the direction people think you are going to take with a title like that. But it was fun to spend some time there that day, mostly because I got to watch the five (yep, five) baby raccoons that live in the attic scamper about on the roof eating shingles and basically being absolutely adorable. It was nice not be be all upset about it (because I don't live there and no one else does either). But that doesn't mean I don't have raccoons in my life. That is the brilliant thing about this city, they are - so not kidding - everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment